Driver – Production Area Supervisor
Scope of position:
Deliver and pick-up products or equipment from various suppliers and customers.
- 1-3 years of semi-truck driving experience.
- CDL required.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Good Communications and problem solving skills.
- Mechanically inclined.
Typical Work Hours:
Monday- Friday 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM or 3:30 PM – 12:00 AM with ½ hour for lunch. Work hours may vary to meet needs of organization. Hourly Position.
Tasks and Duties:
- Keep work area along with vehicles clean and well organized throughout the work shift.
- Work safely and drive safely at all times following safe work procedures and policies and applicable laws.
- Perform vehicle safety checks as needed.
- Understand customer quality expectations and processes required to exceed those expectations.
- Evaluate load to ensure proper products are onboard and paperwork matches.
- Maintain necessary driver logs and fuel logs.
- Ensure product or equipment is secured safely before transporting product.
- Follow correct strapping procedures as defined.
- Operate forklifts and lifting equipment and only do so if properly trained and authorized.
- Handle products and equipment with care to ensure it is not damaged.
- Clean and maintain trucks and associated equipment.
- Follow defined Standard Operating Procedures and company policies.
- Work with customers and plant to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Communicate and work with other Drivers, Production Associates, Paint Technicians, Leads, Supervisors, Scheduling, Management to ensure products are delivered in a timely fashion while maintaining quality.
- Understand the causes ofrework and work to avoid.
- Fill out necessary documentation and ensure products are labeled properly and legibly.
- Assist supervisor with training new employees to Standard Operating Procedures as assigned.
- Assist supervisor with revising Standard Operating Procedures as needed.
- Report any abnormalities in the operation to your supervisor, lead or manager.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Measures of Performance:
- Maintain a clean work place and avoid unsafe acts.
- Exceed customer quality expectations.
- Maintain excellent attendance.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Maximize labor and material utilization.
- Meet other goals and metrics as established.
- Maintain a positive can do attitude.
Working conditions are often noisy, hot, or cold with industrial odors and dust present in the workplace.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety Glasses with side shields.
- ANSI Safety Toe Footwear.
- Wear full length pants.
- Hearing Protection as needed.